Florida is a great place to ride a motorcycle. It’s nice out all year. The open road is there for the taking. What this means is, there are more motorcycle on the road. This can lead to more motorcycle accidents in Stuart. Your Stuart motorcycle accident lawyer knows this. That’s why he’s experienced to handle all sorts of motorcycle accident cases.
A motorcycle accident in Stuart is caused by all sorts of things. However, most are caused by something called negligence. Negligence means that someone didn’t behave the way they should. As a result, somebody else gets injured.
In order to prove negligence, your accident lawyer will have to show four (4) things:
- The other driver owed you a certain duty of care
- They breached this duty
- This breach caused the accident
- You suffered injuries as a result
How will your motorcycle accident lawyer do this? Well, he’ll rely on a few different things to prove your case, including:
- Eye witness testimony
- Signed affidavits from both drivers
- Subpoena any dashcam or intersection video recordings
- The other driver’s history and driving records
- Accident recreation experts who will use the police report and other pictures to prove causation
If your lawyer can prove these four things, you should be entitled to compensation. He could run into other issues depending on the circumstances. He will work hard to make sure you are compensated for your injuries.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer to Get Compensation
Motorcycle accidents usually cause very serious injuries. It’s your Stuart accident lawyer’s job to get you compensation for these injuries. Some of your damages will include:
Because these accidents are so dangerous, you could be out of work for quite some time. You’ll miss weeks or months from your job. This means you’ll suffer lost wages. The defendant should be liable to compensate you for these wages.
The reason your attorney always says to go to the hospital after your motorcycle accident is so you have proof of your injuries. Medical records are the best way to do this. Your doctor can provide a copy of your records along with his own testimony about how badly you were hurt.
This is why you have to maintain receipts for all your medical bills. This includes things such as:
- Emergency room visit
- Ambulance transport
- Medications and prescriptions
- Co-pays for doctor’s visits
- Tests such as x-rays, MRIs, and CT scans
- Medical equipment (such as a wheelchair, hospital bed, crutches, etc.)
Your motorcycle will probably be destroyed in your accident. If you get hit by a truck or car, you won’t be the only thing seriously injured. You’ll have to get major repairs for your bike. Or you’ll need to replace it altogether.
Lost Future Earnings
Depending on how bad your injuries are, you may not be able to work again. This means you’ll end up on permanent disability. People on disability earn a lot less than they would if they were working full time. You could be entitled to the following:
- Look at how much you earned before the accident
- Find out the difference between this amount and the amount paid by disability
- Determine how many more years you would have worked
- Multiply the years you would have worked by the difference in income
- Account for inflation
The good news is, your motorcycle accident attorney in Stuart, Florida knows how to calculate these damages.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering may make up the lion’s share of your damages. They aren’t as easy to measure as other types of damages. In fact, this is why they’re referred to as non-economic damages.
To calculate pain and suffering, your lawyer will introduce several things, such as proof of the following:
- How much pain are you in?
- Are there activities you can no longer enjoy because of your injuries
- Are you able to enjoy relations with your spouse?
- Did you play sports before the accident that you can’t play now?
- Are you unable to interact with your family the way you used to?
Contact a Stuart, Florida Motorcycle Accident Attorney Today
If you’re injured in a motorcycle accident in Florida, you need to call a Stuart motorcycle accident attorney right away. He can answer any questions you may have. He can also review your case and let you know how much it may be worth.
Call and schedule your free initial consultation today. And remember – you pay nothing until you win your case.